us | en
If you are a registered user, please enter your email and password.
- Tell us, since you grow up in Bulgaria, what sort of influences affected you when you were younger to lead you into a love for fashion?
Fashion has always been a mutual obsession of ours. We were raised during Communism, which gave us a different perspective on fashion and sparked a strong need for self-expression.
This allowed us to bring something fresh, specific, and raw into the industry. It also helped break some stereotypes on how to build a successful brand.
- How did you find each other? And what is your relationship like today?
We met when we were kids in Sofia and instantly became inseparable. Although we live in different parts of the world, we are even closer now because we work on building BY FAR every single day and share so much of our life.
Social media played a key role in the first expansion of BY FAR. How has your way of communicating evolved with the pandemic?
We’ve never stopped improving the BY FAR experience. This year we upgraded our brand portfolio and opened our first flagship store in LA. Most recently, we launched our first sustainable fragrance line Daydreams. The beauty industry had never seen the merging of fashion and scent in a buildable accessory that you can simply attach to your BY FAR bag or jeans. The seven scents are a starting point for endless new explorations of stories we need to tell.
- When I wear a Rachel bag, I feel like I am instantly catapulted into a 90s series. Can you tell us a little bit more about the inspiration behind the collections?
Inspiration can come from everywhere. Our creative director, Denitsa Bumbarova, has a unique perception of fashion, where the need for balance between modesty and confidence, simplicity and expression inform the final decisions. It’s an exploration of possibilities until it feels both exciting and right. Our design is always driven by emotion, which leads to an abundance of color and texture.
- There’s been an ongoing discussion surrounding the future of fashion from a sustainability perspective. What are your thoughts on the industry at present? What is your brand's position on this?
Sustainability is a complex matter, and there is plenty of work to be done and a lot of innovation possible. At BY FAR we are positive that making beautiful, long-lasting products and optimizing our business towards the circular fashion model is the way forward. Since our start, we have always used materials and artisanal methods that do as little harm as possible – our production is in small family-owned factories in Europe, where we are proud to support the continuation of age-old traditions in craftsmanship.
- Many well-known faces among the it girls have worn BY FAR such as the Hadid sisters, and even Michelle Obama! But what do those who choose your creations have in common?
I believe that BY FAR is an extension of their identity – they all are women who are not enslaved by fashion but use it to express themselves.
- Even our Collective loves to choose your brand, like the much-loved mini Amira! We were wondering, what should absolutely not be missing inside a BY FAR baguette bag?
A BY FAR DAYDREAM charm bottle. Although, I should say that it is meant to be worn attached to your baguette bag, and not hidden inside it.